Is your work life a bit hum drum? You could be part of our team who deliver campaigns that excite, dazzle and deliver. We’re growing fast and are always on the lookout for ingenious, creative or dynamic people so why not get in touch, so you can start enjoying your Mondays.
Shortlisted for “Best Agency Culture 2020”
Are you an experienced, integrated Studio Manager most happy getting your hands dirty crafting B2B marketing work to be proud of? Do you have print, digital and video skills that you've used to create great work? Have you led studio teams before, and are excited about inspiring a team of 7 in a fast-moving, busy and award-winning, full-service B2B agency? Are you ready to work with B2B brands including Cisco, Halma and McGraw Hill? Although we're all presently following COVID guidance, when things change, would you be keen to work from an office seconds from London Bridge station?
We are looking for an experienced team leader who still enjoys using their creative or technical skills to produce great work across integrated marketing, brand communications and customer experience projects. Reporting to the Creative Director, you will lead a team of seven that includes skills spanning creative design, motion graphics, videography and technical development - you’ll be an expert in one or more of these areas already. You’ll be keen to use your skills on client projects but be equally excited about leading your team in line with the agency’s growth plans.
As well as leading the team, in this role you will work on your own projects for clients, which will often be motion graphic video and digital design so will be very comfortable working with Affer Effects, and alongside this possess an excellent technical understanding so that your work can be brought to life by our development team.
VIDEO SKILLS ARE AN ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT - please do not apply if you do not have existing technical video skills
A good communicator and pragmatic problem solver, you’ll manage workload, schedule resource and uphold our high-quality standards including owning and shaping our workflow processes. As part of a busy agency, this important role is part of the senior team so maturity and commercial awareness are a must.
- Consistent quality: You’ll be comfortable in client facing situations and have very high personal standards with meticulous attention to detail. You’ll use your skills and ability to motivate your team to ensure studio produced work is always great – while also looking forward to getting “your hands dirty” yourself alongside delegating workload.
- Team leadership: Grow the studio team’s capabilities in line with the agency’s work and inspire your team to craft B2B marketing to be proud of.You willrecognise the best resource for each task and allocate accordingly, keeping an eye on pipeline projects to ensure resources are available. You’ll use our established methodology to build individual training plans for each member of your team and be passionate about adding new skills into the mix.
- Resource management: Manage the studio team and ensure the smooth running of production, resourcing, workflow management and administrative processes. Work effectively with other teams so we can deliver first-class client services and achieve the highest levels of client satisfaction possible.
- Expert in your own right: You’ll have a proven background and have developed a relevant skill to a high level, most likely to be design, motion graphics, videography or technical development. You’ll be able to evidence your past achievements.
- Improvement: You are always looking for opportunities to improve what we are doing - whether in the great work we produce, or the method in which we do it.
We’re a small but mighty B2B marketing agency with an enviable client list. With a tight team of 25, we create and build beautiful websites packed with our original creative, photography, video and words. We get the right people to visit them using search, social, display and email. And we do it all in-house. It’s a close-knit team, who are prepared to get their hands dirty and work closely together to make things happen.
We’re ranked in the top 30 in the Drum’s digital census of top agencies and B2B Marketing Magazine listed us as a top 5 agency for our size/type. Our fantastic client list is made up primarily of large professional services B2B companies including Cisco, JLL, McGraw Hill, TB+A, Babcock and Sage.
Although diverse and varied, it is always fast-moving. In every case, we provide real expertise coupled with excellent client service that makes many choose us as their preferred agency year after year, and it is why we were shortlisted in the annual Recommended Agency Awards ranking near the top of 8,100 UK agencies based on real client feedback. In 2019, we’re shortlisted for 11 categories. In April 2020, we went one better, were voted the best agency in the UK based on client feedback for "B2B Marketing" by The Drum Recommends.
Our culture values honesty and trustworthiness as we always do the right thing. It is a place where bright and curious people thrive.
This role needs a multi-tasker with fantastic managerial skills and ability, who is able to work within and oversee a team. You will be confident communicating with all levels of an organisation in person, on video conferencing and over the phone, being able to quickly grasp client and team needs and offer practical solutions based on your own expertise or those of your agency colleagues.
Based in London Bridge, SE1, a 90-second walk from the station (yes, we've timed it). As an agency of 25, we’re large enough to take on challenging projects but small enough that everyone’s voice is heard. The fast-moving nature of the agency means there is both responsibility and progression opportunities for the right people.
Note: Our office is currently closed following COVID-19 pandemic guidelines, with the entire team working remotely.
- Winner of The Drum Recommends Award 2020.
- Nominated for 10 industry awards in 2020 and counting.
- Finalists for “Best Employer” in Southwark Business Excellence Awards 2020.
- Finalist for “Best Culture” in both the UK Agency Awards 2020, and Global Agency Awards 2020.
Following 6-month probation, the company offers:
- Training: dedicated training budget agreed by you and your manager, so you can steer your own CPD
- 31 days holiday: plus, additional Day off for your birthday. Ability to “buy” extra holiday and additional holiday granted for long service.
- Schemes: Stakeholder Pension, eye-care scheme, ride to work scheme, travelcard loan scheme, childcare vouchers.
- Remote Working options
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £45k - £55k per annum + benefits
- Media Production
- Marketing & Advertising
Motion Graphics Designer: Cinema 4D
Join a high-performing video team, and take the lead on creating stunning motion graphic videos for an award winning B2B agency with an enviable client list.
Do you know your way around Adobe After Effects and Cinema 4D? Is your passport in date, and you’re keen to shoot corporate videos using DLSRs around Europe and the UK?
We're seeking a bright, enthusiastic and creative Motion Graphics Designer to create a fluid storytelling masterpiece. As a Motion Graphics Designer you will work with the wider studio team to produce storyboards, concepts, designs and videos giving you the chance to show off your creative flair. This won’t be your first rodeo, so we’re looking for someone with 2 years of experience ideally in an agency environment. You'll be comfortable workign with Cinema4D and have a track record of working with CAD files to create powerful B2B videos, and be able to demonstrate where you've made the complicated simple to understand.
With a generous training budget, we’ll support you to grow with varied projects, the leadership of a Creative Director and on projects for the like of Cisco, Tech Data, Halma and JLL.
To apply, send us links to your portfolio and pop over your CV through the button below. We'd also like you to list your recent project where you used Cinema 4D, with links, in the comments box.
Why should you come and work with us? Here are seven of the best reasons:
- We’re a leader in what we do; we create campaigns that work and results that deliver. That’s what you’ll be part of – making clients happy.
- We’re small enough that everyone’s voice is heard, but big enough that you’ll work on lots of different projects – all with lots of support and lots of training available too.
- We do everything in house, so while you’ll be a specialist you’ll get to learn from and experience the whole marketing and digital spectrum.
- We’ve got a varied and top-notch list of clients, so there’ll always be a dream account for you to work on.
- We’re growing steadily and we want you to grow with us, that’s why we focus on helping our team progress their own careers.
- We’re a team. It’s not just individuals who happen to work together, we actually all like each other.
- We’re based in central London, so whether it’s a craft ale or a kale juice you’re after, there’s a bar for that near us.
We want the best talent, so have put together one of the best benefits packages available:
- Lots of training opportunities
- Generous Holidays
- Extra day off for your birthday
- ‘Finish early’ Fridays
- Two fun yearly parties every year
- Travelcard loan and Ride-to-work scheme
- Eyecare and childcare vouchers
- The obligatory pension
We reward loyalty, honesty and hard work with excellent career prospects, clients you want to put on your CV and campaigns you will be proud of.
Please only apply if you share our values as we will look for evidence of them in the recruitment process.
At Velo our company culture is based on ‘doing the right thing’. We are a proactive team who value honesty and trustworthiness, and we recognise the contribution each of us makes to the business. Velo is a place where bright, conscientious and inquisitive people thrive and are appreciated. If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to hear from you.